HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Somebody just might like me

I had a fun visit with Munchkin this afternoon.  Yes, there was still just a bit of crying but just the first few moments and it was really a forced cry.  Then again a little bit later when Irina had to run outside quick (she locked the keys in her car while it was running, but that's another story); that time, too, it was just for a moment.

However, the rest of the time was very good and she definitely showed that she is warming up to me.  She sat next to me, I mean right next to me, for quite some time.  Several times she was leaning in to me and putting her arm on my leg.  Some of this was due to the fact that there were two other children in the room, not from her group, but two sweet little girls with Down's Syndrome.  Today, though, she was not only laying claim to the stuff I brought, but also to me as her mama.  Lots of smiles today too.  

The best part was toward the end of our visit (she has a way of saving the best for last).  We were sitting next to each other as she was eating something around her 18th animal cracker.  She put the last piece of it on my leg and looked at me.  I asked, "For mama?".  She didn't respond, but just kept looking at me.  So I ate it and then she smiled real big.  Yep, we're getting there.  :)

I won't see her again until our big day on Tuesday afternoon; you know, "spring" day when I get to spring her from the baby home.  Hopefully by then the rough and tumble girl will have less blue spots (from the antiseptic they use).  Today she had a quite a few, one smack dab in the middle of her nose, which were covering some good scratches. Note to our many friends who also have small children, this girl is not afraid to stick up for herself or her stuff.  

Now I must get back to the room. My 1000 piece puzzle is calling my name.

Lots of love,
Cameo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going so well with little Munchkin! I will warn Cole that she will hold her own :)
    Lots of love to you, Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome steps she's taking in trusting her momma. Love the updates.

    ReplyDelete