HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Homesick blues

It's 7:30p.m., Saturday night. It's been almost two weeks since we arrived. It's been just over two weeks since we left home. Right now, I miss my home and my family very much. I'm spending my Saturday night much like many I would spend at home. I did some laundry. I'm sitting down to a movie; a period drama, my favorite genre. I have a lovely glass of red wine. I'll probably make some popcorn later. In front of me is my favorite puzzle; 1000 pieces of a pretty winter scene.

Of course, it's not quite the same. I washed clothes in the bathtub (try topping that for your Saturday night). There's no fat, lazy cat to sit on my lap while I watch my movie. I can't seem to get the timing quite right on the microwave so either burn the popcorn or end up with half a bag (thank goodness I have M&M's). Even more, the most important parts of my Saturday night are missing. No Sydney. No Chad. I'm ready to be with my family again.

Tuesday is going to be such a big day. I'll spring Munchkin from the baby home. In our hearts, she's been part of our family for some time. As of Tuesday, she will be a present, physical addition. As much as I'm looking forward to Tuesday, I'm looking forward to Thursday even more. Thursday evening the four of us will all be together. Chad, Cameo, Sydney, and Munchkin. The way it's supposed to be.

Thanks for listening to me be homesick, but please don't worry about me. Russia and its people are treating me very well. And besides, I have M&M's. You can never go wrong with M&M's.

Love,
Cameo

5 comments:

  1. I am so wishing the hours to go quickly for you so you can all be together.

    Much love from Minneapolis.....
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story. I can only imagine how excited you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you here in SW MN. Hang tight. A lot of love from this household to you and your family!
    Keith, Jennifer, Ava and Jilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cameo,
    I responded earlier this month but not knowing how all this works, my
    message didn't get to you. I am so proud and and overjoyed for you
    and our entire family with the addition of little Munchkin. We anxiously
    await the day when we can all meet her although I realize that will take some time. I know it can be difficult to be away from home but the joy
    that you and your family will bring into her life will be priceless.
    Bless you for your heart and remember we all love you.
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Cameo,
    Thank you for keeping us updated, I look forward to reading your posts so much each day! I pray these next couple of days fly by and Tuesday comes quickly. My eyes fill with tears when I think about you leaving the baby house with Munchkin. What a blessed Thanksgiving this will be for the Zehnders in Russia.
    Lots of love, Jolene

    ReplyDelete