HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dee-ess-it (10)

Ten. Finally, day #10!!! How about a little celebration in pictures?




The Vlad Motor Inn; our home away from home.



The flags reflect the hotel's truly welcoming spirit.




The hotel has a very nice restaurant. This is the decadent dessert I treated myself to yesterday. Nummy!



Aquarium in the restaurant. I can't wait to show Munchkin all the fishies.



The living room of our apartment suite.



A well-equipped kitchen.



The second bedroom, crib and all!



Sign on the door to the hotel "sports bar".



Not really a sports bar, but it does have a pool table and a number of toys for the kiddos. And, of course, the Foster's poster (just for you, Dad).



The shore is just down the street from our hotel, and over some railroad tracks.



This is the private school, also down the street from our hotel. It is quite new and, as I've been told, quite exclusive and expensive. The picture doesn't do it justice; it is quite a lovely campus.






Just a couple of the beautiful homes across the street. Chad and I would have enjoyed walking through the fenced neighborhood, but didn't dare.




This is the altar of the Catholic church in Vlad. It has only been in existence for about 20 years, established by a priest (and still today, served by priests) from America. Irina and I went to the church to deliver our donations of winter gear and diaper cream that will be distributed throughout the baby homes and orphanages of the Primorsky Krai region.




The lovely woman that cares for the church library was kind enough to open up the church for us to see. Ah, so beautiful.




At home, in our church, I prayed and prayed for this event. I was overwhelmed with gratefulness to now have a moment to pray again in this beautiful church of my daughter's homeland.



And me, almost done waiting, on my last day being a Mom of 1.

Last but not least, a little teaser for you. One more day . . .



Love,
Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment