HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 3

Look at that, I'm so busy I couldn't even make the time to post on Day 2. Not really, mostly my day lacked sufficient substance to warrant a post - however, quite productive.

Chad arrived home a few hours ago. I talked to both him and Syd; it's good to know they're both home and together. Thank you to the Manke family for hosting our Syd for the weekend!

To prepare for my visit with Munchkin today, I treated myself to a cappuccino and french toast from the restaurant. Delicious! Note to my husband, I think the rest of that instant coffee we bought just might go to waste. The caffeine was necessary for me to conjure up enough brain power to figure out how to post photos on this here blog with my iPad. So, you may be asking, how about them pictures? Sorry, now I have to get them from the iPhone to the iPad and the wifi on the iPhone is asking for the password, which is in the hotel room which I'm not going to get right now. See, I really am busy!

Anyway . . .
Munchkin and I had a nice time together this morning. She continues to warm up to me; she spent a fair amount of time cuddled up real close while I sang to her, "Mama tibya Natasha, mama tibya Natasha, mama tibya Natasha. Da, da, da." Translation: "Momma loves Natasha, Momma loves Natasha, Momma loves Natasha. Yes, yes, yes." Remember, I never said I was witty. In addition, she seems to get nervous when I speak to her for a long time in English. For example, last week I thought she and I were having a great time playing patty cake - right until she started crying. Today, I figured I better play it safe and use my limited Russian - especially given the combination of an unfamiliar language and my very poor vocal talent.

Munchkin loves to look out the window. Together we try to point out the sebakas (dogs) and koshkas (cats) running by. It's so wonderful to hear her talk and see her point when she sees one. This morning she seemed quite upset with a cat she saw out in the play yard. It sounded like she was trying to scold it and looked like she was using hand gestures to shoo it away.
Uh-oh, watch out Ruby.

We will visit again on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!!

Later gators,
Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment