HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tomorrow's special day

Tomorrow marks our one month anniversary; one month since I sprung Natalia from the baby house. I must admit that that day seems like a world away which, I guess, makes sense.

Today I finished the last of my exams and papers to complete the fall semester of law school. After this finals period I now have a better appreciation for God's hand in the timing of our adoption. Law school + toddler = not so easy. I am very happy that I will be doing a little less multi-tasking starting tomorrow and go back to focusing on Natalia for much of the day. I am also very happy that I have only one more semester to go!

I'm looking forward to a little Christmas shopping outing with Natalia tomorrow. She hasn't seen that beloved stroller since we got home so I think she'll enjoy it too. As well, I'm looking forward to wrapping presents with Sydney tomorrow evening after Natalia starts dreaming of those sugar plum fairies.

Everything is splendid here, with the small exception of a toddler-cat scrap a couple nights ago. Ruby is now in a probationary period, awaiting sentencing. Don't worry, Natalia is absolutely okay and has not regressed to an fearfulness toward the cat. I know, not necessarily a good thing. Here's a sample of what may have led up to the unfortunate incident . . .




Natalia has happily settled into a new nickname, "Lala". It came about as a combination of her being unable to say her name and that she would often sing a little "la, la" tune. Even if we were unsure about it, Natalia quickly took a liking to it, pointing to herself and saying Lala with a big smile on her face. Lala it is!

For now, we continue to prepare for Christmas at our house. Here's a little peek at our curious one checking the contents of a stocking. Oh, how I can't wait for Christmas morning!




Love,
Cameo

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. We celebrated last Christmas with the name of Munchkin printed on a ornament along with our other grandchildren's names. This year we no longer have to wonder about the little girl who is waiting for her family. We can now change Munchkin to Natalia and we are so very very happy. Love G and G

    ReplyDelete