HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

And it snows

I know you are all patiently awaiting my next blog post. Let me tell ya, running after a 2 year old requires quite close attention. This is well reflected in the fact that 3 of the 4 pictures I post here are of Natalia while she is sleeping (and the 4th where I am not having to take the picture).

The two of us are doing well. Last night I let her fall asleep in the living room on the couch, as you can imagine this took awhile. After about an hour I moved us both to the bedroom where we slept (take that word lightly for me) until 8:30 this morning. We woke up to snow and it is still falling now.

Unfortunately for Natalia we had to go downtown today to pick up her passport and a quick doctor's appointment (routine, part of the immigration process). It was unfortunate not because of the doctor or any issues with the passport, just because it required a lot of car riding for Natalia who it appears get easily car sick. Poor kiddo.

Our outing day was to include a stop at the children's store for new boots for Natalia. The pair I brought were too small so we made a trade with the baby home for the boots she used there. They fit her just fine, but they are blue (boy) moon boots. Alas, they'll have to do at least until we get to Moscow. Natalia was in no shape for more car time than necessary, and the snow was making traffic horrendous.

Back at the hotel this afternoon we have been playing, snacking, and almost taking a nap. I didn't push the nap because she slept for awhile in the car today and she did lay contentedly for close to an hour. I do realize I may come to regret that a bit later; please save any "told you so's".

Tonight we will pack, Natalia will have a full bath, and we'll hope the snow stops. I am very much looking forward to a plane ride tomorrow.

And, here, some pictures of Natalia, mostly getting some well deserved rest for this new and big adventure in her life, and ours.

With one of her caregivers at the baby home. Natalia was a very brave girl starting our adventure.




Asleep at last, unicorn pillow pet pet close by.




Sleeping in the car. Much better than vomitting in the car, for everyone involved.




Today's "almost nap"; she sure had me fooled!



And to all, a good night.

Love,
Cameo

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I think I tear up every time I read a post. What a journey! We pray the start of this new life for all of you is blessed.

    Love to all.

    Mike, Laura, Thomas and Julia Bidne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved reading your blog. Thanks for taking the time to share your story.

    ReplyDelete