HOPE

HOPE is the belief that there is something better to come.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Surreal

Did you know that 1 week from today we will start our journey to return to Russia and, more importantly, to our Munchkin?!?!?

Last night Sydney and I were admiring all kinds of cute Munchkin stuff, including 3 pairs of shoes that arrived from Zulily (too big since I ordered them before getting unexpected, updated Munchkin measurements). In true mom fashion, I commented to Sydney that Munchkin would grow into the shoes in no time at all. Apparently, this small moment made a big impression on the Peanut (Sydney), as I learned on our way to school this morning when Sydney described it as “surreal” (I love that my 13 year old daughter used the word “surreal”). Her thought was, "My sister is coming home and I get to watch her grow, including growing into these cute little shoes." It was a good reminder that it is the simple, everyday things that make life real. That's my Sydney - sometimes dingy but always wise. She is going to be the vbest big sister ever.

Since my last post, we’ve accomplished what I’d call the “big stuff”.  The flights really are booked.  This ended up being much more chaotic (also read, stressful) than I expected.  The good news, now both Chad & I will be in Paris together.  The bad news, it’s only for 1 ½ hours (I need no one to point out for me that this is a tight time frame to make a connecting flight.  Instead, please take it as an opportunity to pray, think positive thoughts, or just wish us luck for zero delays). Our departure date moved up by 1 day since my last update. I wish I could tell you that we're leaving earlier because everything moved up by 1 day; that is not the case. Instead one of our flights doubled in price overnight so we re-routed. We're working with a wonderful gentleman from the Duluth area to make our flight reservations (and our visas) who does a lot of work organizing touristy tours to Russia. As he told me already, the arrangements for this future family of 4 are far more complicated than arrangements for a tourist group of several hundred.

Our hotel rooms are also booked. So, we can get there and, once we're there, we have a place to rest our heads. Now comes all the little to-do's, and that's what this weekend is all about. I hope to report back in a few days that the suitcases are zipped and the paperwork copies are secured. Aahhhh, we're getting there.

Paka-paka-paka,
Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment